21 Types of Managementposted by Anna Mar, May 10, 2013
Management is doing things right. It's the discipline of planning, organizing, leading and controlling an organization.
Management has many faces. That is to say that managers have many styles and management has many types.
These are the most common types of management.
1. Strategic ManagementStrategic management looks at an organization's overall strategy formation and execution with the goal of growing and sustaining competitive advantage.
Strategic management is an executive function that may report to the owners of a firm.
2. Sales ManagementManagement of sales territories, teams or accounts.
3. Marketing ManagementManagement of marketing strategies, products, brands and promotions.
4. Public RelationsManaging communications between an organization and the public.
5. Operations ManagementThe management of production of goods and services. Operations management is a broad field that describes everything from manufacturing management to retail management.
7. Procurement ManagementManaging the acquisition of goods and services from external sources.
8. Financial & Accounting ManagementManaging financial and accounting processes and teams.
10. Information Technology ManagementManaging information technology teams and processes.
11. R&D ManagementThe management of research & development processes and teams.
12. Engineering ManagementManaging the application of engineering to business solutions. For example, new product development, manufacturing and construction.
15. Risk ManagementRisk management is the discipline of identifying, assessing and controlling the chance that objectives and processes will have negative consequences.
17. Quality ManagementThe management of quality planning, control, assurance and improvement.
18. Innovation ManagementThe management of innovation processes such as strategy, research & development or organizational change.
19. Design ManagementThe management of design processes such as new product design.
20. Facility ManagementThe management of facilities such as offices and data centers.
Knowledge management is a political topic. It needs the support of executive management to have any chance of success. |
The 5 commonly accepted ways to define project failure.|
You will respect my authority! You will read this article! |
The identification, prioritization and control of business risk.|